Your name or Company Name
By signing up you agree to the following Legal Terms and Conditions (
NUTRITIONIX LLC API LICENSE AGREEMENT BY INTERACTING IN ANY WAY WITH THE NUTRITIONIX API, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO REQUESTING CREDENTIALS OR MAKING API CALLS, YOU OR THE ENTITY OR COMPANY THAT YOU REPRESENT ("YOU") UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND A PARTY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("AGREEMENT").
1. GRANT OF LICENSE - Subject to your ("Licensee") full compliance with all of the terms and conditions of this API Agreement ("Agreement") NUTRITIONIX LLC ("Nutritionix") grants Licensee a non-exclusive, revocable, nonsublicensable, nontransferable license to download and use the Nutritionix application program interface and other materials provided by Nutritionix (collectively, "API") to develop, reproduce, display and distribute applications, websites and/or services (collectively “Applications”) that interoperate with Nutritionix’s API service, Nutritionix.com or any other web property owned by Nutritionix (collectively "Nutritionix Service"). Licensee may not install or use the API for any other purpose without Nutritionix's prior written consent. Licensee shall not use the API in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to U.S. embargo, unsolicited mass distribution of email ("spam"), multi-level marketing proposals, hate materials, hacking/surveillance/interception/descrambling equipment, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise offensive content, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, gambling, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, non-transferable items such as airline tickets or event tickets, weapons and accessories, automatic or autonomous control of vehicles, aircraft or other mechanical devices, dispatch or fleet management, or emergency or life-saving purposes. For Applications that provide dietary guidance to users, Licensee must have an end user license agreement that includes the following notice: YOUR USE OF THIS APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE NUTRITIONIX DATABASE IS UNDER CONSTANT REVIEW AND IMPROVEMENT. NUTRITION DATA MAY NOT BE ACCURATE, PLEASE ENSURE THAT APP-SPECIFIC USER AGREEMENTS INCLUDE LANGUAGE TO PROTECT POSSIBLE DATA INACCURACIES.
2. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS - As between Nutritionix and Licensee, the API, the Nutritionix Service, any and all content, documentation, code, data and related materials made available through the API, any and all data and information collected and/or derived from the Nutritionix Service (including, without limitation, user data received from the Nutritionix Service or submitted to the Nutritionix Service), and all intellectual property rights in and to all of the foregoing, are and shall at all times remain the sole and exclusive property of Nutritionix and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws and treaties.
3. OTHER RESTRICTIONS - Except as expressly and unambiguously authorized under this Agreement, Licensee may not (i) copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile (except to the limited extent expressly authorized by applicable statutory law), modify or alter any part of the API; (ii) otherwise use the API on behalf of any third party; or (iii) design or permit the Application to disable, override or otherwise interfere with any Nutritionix-implemented communications to end users, consent panels, user settings, alerts, warnings or the like, including but not limited to those intended to notify the end user that his or her user data or location data is being collected or used, or intended to obtain consent for such collection or use. Nutritionix expressly reserves the right to limit the number and/or frequency of API requests in its sole discretion.
4. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT. Nutritionix reserves the right, in its sole discretion to modify this Agreement and/or the Nutritionix Platform Policy at any time by posting a notice to developer.nutritionix.com. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modification. Such modifications are effective upon first posting or notification and use of the Nutritionix API by Licensee following any such notification constitutes Licensee’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as modified.
5. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER - THE API IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NUTRITIONIX AND ITS VENDORS EACH DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE API, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, RESULTS OF USE, RELIABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, INTERFERENCE WITH QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. FURTHER, NUTRITIONIX DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT LICENSEE'S USE OF THE API WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
6. SUPPORT AND UPGRADES - This Agreement does not entitle Licensee to any support for the APIs, unless Licensee makes separate arrangements with Nutritionix and pays all fees associated with such support. Any such support provided by Nutritionix shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement as modified by the associated support Agreement.
7. LIABILITY LIMITATION - REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE, AND EXCEPT FOR BODILY INJURY, IN NO EVENT WILL NUTRITIONIX OR ITS VENDORS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY UNDER ANY TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR OTHER SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE API, EVEN IF NUTRITIONIX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE. ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. IN ADDITION, NUTRITIONIX DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY OF ANY KIND OF NUTRITIONIX'S VENDORS.
8. INDEMNITY - Licensee agrees that Nutritionix shall have no liability whatsoever for any use Licensee makes of the API. Licensee shall indemnify and hold harmless Nutritionix from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from Licensee's use of the API.
9. TERM AND TERMINATION - This Agreement shall continue until terminated as set forth in this Section. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason, or for no reason including, but not limited to, if Licensee violates any provision of this Agreement. Any termination of this Agreement shall also terminate the license granted hereunder. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, Licensee shall cease using, destroy and remove from all computers, hard drives, networks, and other storage media all copies of the API and all Nutritionix User Data, and shall so certify to Nutritionix that such actions have occurred. Nutritionix shall have the right to inspect and audit Licensee's facilities to confirm the foregoing. Sections 7 through 14 and all accrued rights to payment shall survive termination of this Agreement.
10. GOVERNMENT USE - If Licensee is part of an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government ("Government"), the use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of the API are restricted in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations as applied to civilian agencies and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement as applied to military agencies. The API are a "commercial item," "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation." In accordance with such provisions, any use of the API by the Government shall be governed solely by the terms of this Agreement.
11. EXPORT CONTROLS - Licensee shall comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce, the United States Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"), or other United States or foreign agency or authority, and Licensee shall not export, or allow the export or re-export of the API in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations. By downloading or using the API, Licensee agrees to the foregoing and represents and warrants that Licensee is not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any restricted country.
12. MISCELLANEOUS – Unless the parties have entered into a written amendment to this agreement that is signed by both parties regarding the Nutritionix API, this Agreement and the Nutritionix Platform Policy constitute the entire agreement between Licensee and Nutritionix pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all written or oral agreements with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement, and any disputes arising from or relating to the interpretation thereof, shall be governed by and construed under New York law as such law applies to agreements between New York residents entered into and to be performed within New York by two residents thereof and without reference to its conflict of laws principles or the United Nations Conventions for the International Sale of Goods. Except to the extent otherwise determined by Nutritionix, any action or proceeding arising from or relating to this Agreement must be brought in a federal court in the Southern District of New York or in state court in New York County, New York, and each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such action or proceeding. The prevailing party in any action arising out of this Agreement shall be entitled to an award of its costs and attorneys' fees. This Agreement may be amended only by a writing executed by Nutritionix. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. The failure of Nutritionix to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by Licensee or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit Nutritionix's rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement is personal to Licensee and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, by operation of law, merger, reorganization, or as a result of an acquisition or change of control involving Licensee) without Nutritionix's prior written consent and any action or conduct in violation of the foregoing shall be void and without effect. Nutritionix expressly reserves the right to assign this Agreement and to delegate any of its obligations hereunder.
13. END-USER INITIATED API REQUESTS -- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, any API requests your application sends to the Nutritionix API must be initiated by an end-user, and not by an automated server process. This includes, but is not limited to, creating an application that sends bulk requests to the API which are not initiated by an end-user in real-time. Nutritionix reserves the right to suspend application keys without notice if it observes automated requests being sent to the API from an unauthorized account.
14. CACHING -- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, caching of Nutritionix API data is strictly prohibited on all API plans. Prohibited caching attributes include, but are not limited to, brand names, item names, and Nutritionix IDs.
15. ATTRIBUTION -- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, any interface which displays Nutritionix data must contain "Powered by Nutritionix" attribution, and include a link to Nutritionix.com.
v1.1 Docs (Legacy)
View API Keys